A nation of speeders: Government study reveals that hardly any drivers obey 20mph speed limits
- The Department for Transport monitored 446.6m journeys at 74 sites across the UK in 2017
- It found that 46% were driven at speeds that exceeded the designated limit
- It was 20mph zones that were breached most, while motorists were most cautious in 60mph zones
New statistics revealed by the Department for Transport (DfT) have laid bare the nation’s speeding epidemic.
The government department observed some 446.6 million journeys being driven at 74 sites across the country last year and found that 46 per cent exceeded the maximum speed limit on the roads monitored.
Worryingly, the percentage of motorists breaking limits increases in lower speed restrictions. In fact, 86 per cent of journeys through 20mph zones – which are predominantly outside schools – were clocked over the designated limit.
To read the full story, please click here.
Getting On ‘The Right Road’
Whatever your level of driving experience Surrey Driving Force can offer driving lessons in Surrey to suit you. From driving tests to refresher courses, our friendly and experienced instructors will help you to achieve your goal quickly and affordably.
- Competitive rates
- Friendly, patient and fully qualified Driving Instructors
- Test success in as few lessons as possible
- Convenient pick-ups from home, work or school
- New, air-conditioned, dual control cars
- Reduced driving lesson prices when you block book
- Driving lessons seven days a week
As Well As Surrey Driving Lessons We Offer:
- Intensive Courses
- Mock Practical Tests
- Pass Plus
- Motorway Driving Training
- Refresher Training
- Taxi Driver Training
- Advanced Driver Training
- ADI Training – ADI Part 1, ADI Part 2, ADI Part 3
Theory Test Pro – FREE!
Surrey Driving Force students have full access to premium content via Theory Test Pro whilst learning with us. This is a great resource and really helps our students pass their theory test first time. It’s also available as a free app to download on iPhone or Android, where again you can access the premium content.